Everyone can contribute! Learn DevOps and Cloud Native in our cafe ☕
Technology is moving fast in the DevOps and Cloud Native community.
Join the conversation and add your thoughts, tips, experiences, stories.
"Everyone Can Contribute" is inspired by GitLab's mission.
This is the
#EveryoneCanContribute cafe handbook with insights, infrastructure documentation and more.
Public cafe meetups are organised in our #EveryoneCanContribute cafe group on meetup.com. Join and attend the events to get access to the Zoom URL.
- ☕ cafe: Social get together in Zoom, streamed to YT. Join Discord to hangout with text, audio, video at any time.
- Kubernetes: Workshop resources and deployment practice. GitLab Kubernetes Agent and Civo Cloud k3s GitLab CI playground.
- Keptn: Collaboration on bringing Keptn, GitLab and Prometheus closer together with SLOs
- 5 min prod app: Collaboration on the 5 minute production app from GitLab
- Observability: Metrics, traces, logs playground
everyonecancontribute.cafe is owned by dnsmichi, who also manages the DNS records and GitLab Pages challenge.
everyonecancontribute.app} is available for future demos and experiments.
This is described in the project’s readme.
Cafe live stream
Michael hosts the cafe chats as part of Developer Evangelism projects, and live streams the session to GitLab Unfiltered on YouTube (see menu header).
Common tasks during the live streams:
- Monitor the livestream for comments
- Create a Twitter thread from learned insights
- Write the blog post, add the livestream URL
The Google Calendar is managed by dnsmichi, and embedded on the Events page.
Discord offers audio/video chats next to chat. Join and organize a quick get together.
Check the About for social accounts.
You can use Google Slides Theme Template for weekly workshop presentations, or your own presentations touching base with our #EveryoneCanContribute cafe.
Instructions: Open the slide template and navigate to
File > Make a Copy > Entire Presentation.
Note: We have tried Twitter DM groups, Telegram groups and Gitter channels before. Discord is the next iteration.
everyonecancontribute server has the following roles:
adminfor group founders
everyonefor everyone else
The Discord server has configured webhooks for GitLab groups following the documentation: