Everyone can contribute! Learn DevOps and Cloud Native in our cafe ☕
Technology is moving fast in the DevOps and Cloud Native community.
Join the conversation and add your thoughts, tips, experiences, stories.
"Everyone Can Contribute" is inspired by GitLab's mission.
Everyone Can Contribute
... you too!
Welcome to our lovely and cosy #everyonecancontribute page!
We’ve found each other in a German coffee chat for talking all things tech, best practices and social.
The name has a story
GitLab believes in a world where everyone can contribute. Our mission is to change all creative work from read-only to read-write. When everyone can contribute, consumers become contributors and we greatly increase the rate of human progress.
With GitLab, everyone can contribute.
When Michael applied for the Developer Evangelist role at GitLab in November 2019, he had registered everyonecancontribute.com with a funny animated demo website for this interview panel presentation.
Following up on tech chats after onboarding, Michael iterated on the name:
- Keep it short: “TE Coffee Chat”
- Nobody knows what TE is: “Technical Evangelism Coffee Chat”
- Let’s use the website in the name: “Everyone Can Contribute Coffee Chat”
- German, use a term: “Everyone Can Contribute Käffchen”
- Maybe use a hashtag in the name, easier for social: “#everyonecancontribute Käffchen”
- Avoid the German umlaut: “#everyonecancontribute Kaeffchen”
A coffee chat at GitLab is a short speedy meeting without the requirement for a long agenda. Since there might be quite a few topics or areas being covered by everyone, it is set to 50-60 minutes. The meeting minutes are updated on the go.
The chats are live streamed when possible, and uploaded to the GitLab Unfiltered YouTube channel into this playlist.
Who we are
- Michael Friedrich
- Nico Meisenzahl
- Carsten Köbke
- Moritz Tanzer
- Nicolai Buchwitz
- Markus Fischbacher
- Mario Kleinsasser
- Philipp Westphalen
- Michael Aigner
- Marcel Weinberg
- Niclas Mietz
- Bernhard Rausch
What’s going to happen in the future?
This new website is built thanks to Mario’s daughter Johanna. It uses the power of GitLab pages and adds Hugo as a framework.
The coming months will do short iterations on:
- Blog posts on everything we want to share. Languages are mixed, and tags will highlight/allow to filter.
- More website content and other ideas
- Code and demos
- Event organization and community building
The project is organized at https://gitlab.com/everyonecancontribute.
See you around!