Everyone can contribute! Learn DevOps and Cloud Native in our cafe ☕
Technology is moving fast in the DevOps and Cloud Native community.
Join the conversation and add your thoughts, tips, experiences, stories.
"Everyone Can Contribute" is inspired by GitLab's mission.
48. #EveryoneCanContribute cafe: Blockchain and web3 with Niclas Mietz
Niclas Mietz explained Blockchain from the fundamentals to deploying a program on Solana as an example. We’ve discussed Ethereum, web3 principles and more ideas about blockchain development, CI/CD, Ops (storage, backup, observability).
We’ve learned about:
- Identities, smart contracts, proof of work vs. proof of stake
- Blockchain getting started - Solana on localhost, quickstart works also with Gitpod
- Deploy a program, following the resources on awesome-solana
- Develop own programs in Rust, C++, etc.
- Web3 principles and potential solutions (DNS, mail)
- Recap and thoughts on Ops, running dev environments for CI/CD, storage, Observability, backup, etc.
- Learning resources
- Solana development guide by Nader Dabit: https://dev.to/dabit3/the-complete-guide-to-full-stack-solana-development-with-react-anchor-rust-and-phantom-3291
- Book resource: Mastering Ethereum: https://ethereumbook.info/
The next meetup is about AquaSecurity and Open Source with Anaïs Urlichs on March 8, 2022. We will meet on the second Tuesday at 9am PT.