Everyone can contribute! Learn DevOps and Cloud Native in our cafe ☕
Technology is moving fast in the DevOps and Cloud Native community.
Join the conversation and add your thoughts, tips, experiences, stories.
"Everyone Can Contribute" is inspired by GitLab's mission.
Technology is moving fast, and often we want to try things but lack the time to. Best practices and learnings need discussion, or a live debugging session in a cosy coffee chat.
This idea formed the
#EveryoneCanContribute cafe, 1 hour social chat with a topic or theme. From “What did you learn recently” to project showcases and learning (debugging) together. Often community members and thought leaders join and share insights and discuss fresh ideas in the group.
Events are organized in our meetup group and are shown in the event calendar. The meetups are hosted by Michael Friedrich, Senior Developer Evangelist at GitLab. Check our Handbook for more insights.
We already learned
- Falco and Package Hunter with POP
- Litmus - Chaos Engineering for your Kubernetes with Prithvi Rai and Karthik Satchitanand
- Civo Cloud, k3s and GitLab with Anaïs Urlichs
- Keptn, a control pane for CD in cloud-native apps with Alois Reitbauer and Christian Heckelmann
Kubernetes learning series:
- Provisioned the server and agent VMs with Terraform and Ansible in the first session with Max.
- Deployed k3s as Kubernetes distribution with Max.
- Learned about pods and the Hetzner load balancer with Max.
- Ingress controller for load balancer cost savings with Max.
- Get to know Kubernetes user authentication and authorization with RBAC with Niclas Mietz.
- Break into Kubernetes Security with Philip Welz.
- Securing Kubernetes with Kyverno with Philip Welz.
- Secure Kubernetes with OpenID with Niclas Mietz.
- Multi-tenancy with Kiosk in Kubernetes with Niclas Mietz.
- Automate our Kubernetes setup & deep dive into Hetzner firewall with Max.
- Automate Kubernetes deployment with Terraform and GitLab CI/CD
- Automate Kubernetes deployment with Terraform and GitLab CI/CD, iteration 2
- GitLab Kubernetes Agent and GitOps
- Kubernetes Monitoring with Prometheus
- Policy reporter for Kyverno with Frank Jogeleit
- Talos, a Kubernetes OS with Andrew Rynhard
- First steps with Rust in Gitpod
- Learn Rust with Rocket web app & Prometheus Monitoring
- Machine Learning for Software Developers (…and Knitters) with Kris Howard
- Jina.ai, an OSS neural search framework with Alex Cureton-Griffiths, Pei-Shan Wu, Rutujua Surve, Pratik Bhavsar
- CI/CD Security with Hashicorp Vault with Niclas Mietz
- Cloud native security with Snyk with Matt Jarvis
- Kubernetes Cluster Image Scanning with Trivy & Starboard
- QuestDB with Vlad Ilyushchenko, Nicolas Hourcard, David G. Simmons
- Grafana Tempo
- HashiCorp Waypoint
- Observability with Opstrace with Sebastien Pahl and Mat Appelman
- Continuous Profiling with Polar Signals with Frederic Branczyk and Matthias Loibl
- Terraform and Helm Registries in GitLab
- Docker Hub rate limit mitigation
Who we are
Continuous attendance and contributed/hosted 1+ sessions to learn together.
|Michael Friedrich||@dnsmichi||Michael Friedrich||dnsmichi||dnsmichi|
|Nico Meisenzahl||@nmeisenzahl||Nico Meisenzahl||-||nico-meisenzahl|
|Niclas Mietz||@solidnerd||Niclas Mietz||solidnerd||solidnerd|
|Philip Welz||@philip_welz||Philip Welz||pwelz||phil.xx|
|Michael Aigner||@tonka3000||Michael Aigner||tonka3000||tonka3000|
|David Schmitt||@dev_el_ops||David Schmitt||dev_el_ops||DavidS|
|Sven Patrick Meier||@spse||Sven Patrick Meier||-||SvenPatrick|
|Marcel Weinberg||@winem_||Marcel Weinberg||-||winem|
|Feu Mourek||@the_FeuFeu||Feu Mourek||-||theFeu|
|Philipp Westphalen||@Koala_Phil||Philipp Westphalen||-||Phil404|
|Nicolai Buchwitz||@nicolaibuchwitz||Nicolai Buchwitz||-||nbuchwitz|
|Mario Kleinsasser||@m4r10k||Mario Kleinsasser||-||m4r10k|
|Bernhard Rausch||@rauschbit||Bernhard Rausch||-||rauschbit|
|Carsten Köbke||@mikeschova||Carsten Köbke||-||Mikeschova|
|Moritz Tanzer||@moritztanzer||Moritz Tanzer||-||tanzerm|